New to this blog.....

Virgin Wannabes want to know how we virtually got started? Polly and Ivor Go Live! and Job Share Prime Minister. Follow our email journey.....

Mahatma Gandhi once said:

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

Friday, February 20, 2009

Warren Rocks!

Polly,

Don't ask me how I made the cerebral leap from Warren Gatland to Mother Teresa....but there is a tenuous link with leadership and inspiration. I googled 'what makes a good leader' in the hope we might learn a few tricks of the trade. Desmond Tutu suggests that a good leader is a servant for the people and not into ego and self-glorification. No, I won't even start a tirade about politicians....I rise above such pettiness. He refers to the aspirational qualities demonstrated by the likes of Gandhi, Martin Luther King and Mother Theresa.

I had intended to blog verbose on integrity, moral codes, Jacqui Smith, democracy, distribution of wealth, integrity, social conscience, bankers, bonuses, atonement, integrity, poverty, repossessions, unemployment, media manipulation, spin, soundbites, integrity, fossil fuels, manufacturing, teenage pregnancy, benefits, integrity, family breakdown.......and then you threw in education! Lucky for all of you, I've been diverted. You know my thoughts on education and whilst I have a firm grasp of my chakras by the short and curlies, I am still really struggling to 'love' Ed Balls and his bureaucratic army. In the spirit of sandals and satyagraha I'm turning the other cheek.

I read Mother Teresa's inspirational words:

Everybody today seems to be in such a terrible rush, anxious for greater developments and greater riches and so on, so that children have very little time for their parents. Parents have very little time for each other, and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
Enough blog and blame...it's the weekend.
Love, Peace and Harmony,
Ivor X
PS Warren Rocks!

0 comments: