New to this blog.....

Virgin Wannabes want to know how we virtually got started? Polly and Ivor Go Live! and Job Share Prime Minister. Follow our email journey.....

Mahatma Gandhi once said:

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Where did I put my chakras?

Dear Polly,

You are once again my inspiration and my friend. Thank you for rescuing me from the brink of revolution and self-loathing.

Whilst the government goes in search of much needed social glue.....I am delighted to admit that I have rediscovered my 'love-force'....just in the nick of time! Blow the dust off your chakras...all you need is love, love, love.

It's true, I have recently had problems reconciling my feeble, armchair 'blogitics' with the bold actions of men of steel, like our Graham of Greenpeace, who fear nothing and are out there manfully campaigning whilst I cowardly blog from the safety of my shed. All my blogging talk of riot and revolution laying bare my impotency. Or so I believed....

It seems that I'm braver than I thought. The nonviolent pursuit of truth is a potent weapon and a compelling force. I feel liberated in the knowledge that like Gandhi, Martin Luther King was also into satyagraha. Indeed, MLK argued that although nonviolence may be perceived as cowardly, a nonviolent protester was as passionate as a violent protester. Satyagraha is my new mantra, thanks to you Polly.

I am embarking on a pilgrimage to gain friendship and understanding in order to awaken a sense of moral shame. I figure that redemption and reconciliation are worth a shot in the battle for democracy. No more vindictive origami...I'll grind Geoff Hoon down with sweetness and honey. Have I got the gist, Polly?

I'm with Gandhi:

I believe that nonviolence is infinitely superior to violence, forgiveness is more manly than punishment.
In this new spirit of harmony, I blogged Mandy today on Labourlist.Org and spookily, our new tack seems to be making inroads...or is it simple coincidence? Incidently, did Gandhi explore the concept of sneaking cynicism? I know, I know, my mantra slipped momentarily.
One other small reservation.....in devoting myself to rediscovering my 'love-force', Gandhi throws the principle of 'chastity' into the mix....now I'm a little anxious again.
No matter, one thing's for sure:
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
Martin Luther King Jr
Happily on the blog again,
Yours lovingly,
Ivor XXX
PS In pursuit of understanding....which exactly IS the party that we can vote for that advocates a different way of living? Are these people rational extremists or voters with no democracy? Is LabourList(ening)?

0 comments: